Sunday, September 29, 2013

Oh, This Enormous Solid Wood Desk!

This was a beast of a desk, friends.  My sweet friend, Gina, found it a garage sale and asked me to paint it white for her.  She bought a new home and has gone back to school.  This piece gives her a perfect place to spread out and get some work done. I love the finished look!
I called her after I started painting it and asked if I could add a little "Dionne" to it:)  I could not resist painting those little feet a soft shade of turquoise and I added the knobs from Anthropologie. She was happy to let me as long as I didn't get too crazy!
She loves her new desk, too!  This piece will be around for another 60 years for sure.
Have a happy week, Everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Dionne! Its so great to have you back, I was hoping you would come back from the ether, and here you are! The desk looks great and as always, your touch of Dionne is lovely. Nice to see you again. :)

    ReplyDelete