Monday, June 6, 2016

Teal Wardrobe with Gold Highlights Furniture Makeover

So many of you gave me your feedback about my next series. Thank you for that...I appreciate your input.  "Pastels and golf leaf" won the vote but I opted to go ahead and do a Part III in my "Doors" series.  There are just so many beautiful old doors around the world and with it being vacation season, well... Here is #1 of Part III.

Here is the door image I've pinned on my Pinterest page titled, Doors. I adore these colors and the gold took it to a new level. This was the perfect look I needed to add drama to this antique wardrobe.



The original hardware is amazing, right?


I had to do the drip again, had to.



This gorgeous color is called Feathered Nest from Heirloom Traditions Paint. You know it's good if Allison with Refunk My Junk  developed this color! I added a little Oxford to the Feathered Nest to create a lighter shade for the middle of the doors. Quite Coral is in the seams and I watered down Ol' Navy  for the dripped color.  I'm really loving this paint and starting to get a real feel for the application.  Once everything was dry, I sealed the entire piece with Weathered White wax. If you haven't tried it, please give it a shot.  You won't be disappointed!!





I have this piece available for purchase on my Etsy shop, The Turquoise Iris. You can also go to my new site, www.theturquoiseiris.com to view my other listings. 

Thanks and have a beautiful day!

~~Dionne

No comments:

Post a Comment