Thursday, December 22, 2016

Three, Yes Three, Really Fun Furniture Makeovers

 We are having temperatures in the 40's today so I'm getting to raise the garage 
door and do some sanding...never my favorite thing to do but always happy with 
sunny weather and temps over freezing!
I'm sharing three really fun makeovers in this post today. For this makeover,  I used Debi's Design Diary DIY Paint in Cowboy Coral and Bohemian Blue. I love this piece because of the chunky, stout design.  I knew it needed to be layered with color so technically, I used six different colors. 


Look at all that yummy goodness piled inside every nook of this piece. And, the hardware? YES!!!
 





This next piece is my interpretation of faded denim jeans.  I used colors from CeCe Caldwell's paints in Newport Navy and Blue Montana Sky.  Oh, and I also added Thomasville Teal for fun.

This piece is available to purchase on my website, The Turquoise Iris.






Isn't my Santa the most jolly Santa ever?!!?




Lastly, I painted this little side table to be roomies with the coral piece, also in this post. 
My client and I went back and forth about the new knobs but we are both really happy with the 
peacock ones from Anthropologie. These colors are Windsor Blue and Sante Fe Turquoise, also from CeCe Caldwell's paints.



I also painted those fun little abstracts and sold them as a set. 


I really adore blending colors and layering different shades of blue. 
This photo shows those layers perfectly.



This will probably be the last post I do before Christmas, so I hope you all have a very merry holiday full of love and joy!! Thank you all for making this year really fun for me.

Blessings,

Dionne

No comments:

Post a Comment