Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Blue & White But Not Traditional Furniture Makeovers & New Artwork

Denim Jeans,
Antique China,
Fading Skies,
Blooming Iris,
Salty Waters,
Soaring Blue Jay



These are all my sources for inspiration.
 Blue fading to white is timeless and impressionable.



I used paint from CeCe Caldwell's Paints for the two furniture makeovers I'm sharing today. For this ombre finish, I used Windsor Blue, Antique White and Blue Montana Sky. I think I could use these colors on every single piece I paint! The coverage is amazing and if you're a painter also, you know that shades of blue cover so easily...and I like easy!


Here I am, bringing back this fun Otomi paper again. I paired it with Windsor Blue (again) and highlighted the blue with Sante Fe Turquoise. Look closely and I'm sure you'll see the Carolina Sun Yellow I add to almost every piece I makeover.






I had to add these fun hand painted knobs, also.

You can find both of these pieces in my online shop, www.theturquoiseiris.com

On a new lighter note, I've been having the best time painting canvases 
and guess what, my friends?!?!?? They are selling!!! I've already sold 11 paintings for February. I honestly do a happy dance every time someone purchases a piece of my art.

Here are a few. 












Isn't it amazing that we can keep learning, keep trying new things, begin and begin over and over again? I don't know about you but I still have so many things I'd like to try my hand at. 
If you could learn a new craft or skill, what would that be?


Until next time,

Dionne

No comments:

Post a Comment